Recovery wizard of Acronis Small Office does not recognize operating systems prepared with sysprep
How to install Acronis Small Office: Server Cloud Backup
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup for VMware 9
- You back up a virtual machine with a Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012 guest OS. The machine has volumes created using Storage Spaces.
- You try to recover files from the VM backup.
- The Storage Spaces Volumes appear to be empty and it is impossible to restore any files from them.
Issue in the product. Storage Spaces are backed up in sector-by-sector mode, therefore granular recovery is not possible.
Acronis Backup 11.5 fully supports Hyper-V generation 2 virtual machines starting with Update 6 (build 43909 or 43713 depending on the localization)
This article will help you fix the missing text issue of your MTWeb portal.
You need to free up additional disk space or change location of temporary files
Hyper-V VMs on SMB3.0 shares backup is not supported
The “File Server VSS Agent Service” role service must be enabled on the file server hosting SMB3.0 share.
This article applies to:
If the Hyper-V service is stopped, you will see the "Failed to Obtain an Instance of Service Class 'Msvm_Virtualsystemmanagementservice'" entries in Acronis logs. To fix this issue, you have to start the Hyper-V service manually on Hyper-V host
Change the subject variable to %subject%
Acronis Files Connect (formerly ExtremeZ-IP) uses alternate data streams (ADS) for storing Mac specific data (resource forks). As it happens, Windows Server Deduplication will only dedup the primary data stream of a file, an ADS will not be deduped (see the linked Technet article, below). This may limit the benefits for files that are accessed from the Macs. It is also important to understand that in the OS X 10.7 and higher SMB client, Apple uses the same ADS formatting that is used by AFP with Acronis Files Connect.
- You are backing up the entire machine or some files to any locaton (Cloud, local or network share).
- You restore or download an individual file from the backup, the restore operation finishes successfully without errors or warning, however, the resulting file is corrupted and is zero size.
There is a known issue with backups of systems, where Windows native Data deduplication is enabled.
Issue will be addressed in future updates.
Deactivate scoped snapshots for Hyper-V virtual machines.
- You are installing Acronis Cyber Backup on a Windows 8-based or Windows Server 2012-based computer.
- Installation stays at 96% for up to 20 minutes. CPU is highly loaded.
A Windows 8-based or Windows Server 2012-based computer experiences high CPU usage when it runs a Windows Update applicability scan. Additionally, the applicability scan takes longer than expected. Windows Modules Installer (TiWorker.exe) is running on the machine, which may increase the time required to complete the installation.
Backup with activated Volume Shadow Copy fails with the following error similar:
The backup has failed because 'VSS Writer' has failed during snapshot creation.
This error can be produced by different VSS writers, see some examples below:
The following Acronis products support Windows Server 2012