You have installed True Image 2013 by Acronis on Microsoft Windows 8 and created a system backup using Acronis Nonstop Backup feature. The system restore will lead to an unbootable operating system. Download and install the latest build of True Image 2013 by Acronis to fix this issue.
You attempt to restore from Time Explorer on Microsoft Windows 8. The restore hangs without an error message. To fix this issue, please download and install the latest build.
You are using Microsoft Windows 8 and have defined another web browser as default (not Microsoft Internet Explorer) and cannot open web links from program. To fix this issue, please download and install latest build.
During installation of True Image 2013 by Acronis you receive this error. The issue is the service TImounter, that could not be uninstalled. Uninstall the Service manually in order to install True Image 2013 by Acronis.
This is a Windows 8 specific issue
Recovery wizard of Acronis Small Office does not recognize operating systems prepared with sysprep
This is a known issue
To fix this issue, download and install the latest build
Download and install the driver from this article to fix the issue
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup for VMware 9
- You back up a virtual machine with a Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012 guest OS. The machine has volumes created using Storage Spaces.
- You try to recover files from the VM backup.
- The Storage Spaces Volumes appear to be empty and it is impossible to restore any files from them.
Issue in the product. Storage Spaces are backed up in sector-by-sector mode, therefore granular recovery is not possible.
Applications that are built on ESENT and run on a Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 or Windows-7-based computers may not work correctly after the reported physical sector size of the storage device changes.
An Update is available for True Image 2013 and Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5
This article describes how to change the letter assigned to a drive (disk) in Windows.
(!) Changing a drive letter may harm your applications that use this drive letter. Before doing this, please make sure no applications are tied to the drive letter that you are going to change.
Do the following to chang the letter:
- Right-click on Start -> Computer. Click Manage:
How to create full Windows memory dumps
You try to start Acronis Disk Director, but it fails with the following error message:
Can not connect to 'localhost'.
Code: 5.242.881 (0x500001)
Message: Failed to obtain parameter 'Windows name'.
Code: 1.311.724 (0x1403EC)
Message: WMI 'ConnectServer' failed.
Code: 1.311.726 (0x1403EE)
Message: Enumerating WMI Class Objects Failed.
This is a Windows issue
- "Clone Disk" feature of Acronis True Image 2019 is used.
- Before the cloning starts, source and destination disks are connected using different interfaces, for example, the source is an internal SATA disk and the destination is an external USB disk.
- The operating system is Windows XP, 7 or 8.
- You boot the clone system after the disk cloning finishes.
- There is no sound and/or USB devices do not work.
Known issue with the disk cloning tool in Acronis True Image, occurring sporadically.
RAID support scheme in Acronis True Image
- You are installing Acronis Cyber Backup on a Windows 8-based or Windows Server 2012-based computer.
- Installation stays at 96% for up to 20 minutes. CPU is highly loaded.
A Windows 8-based or Windows Server 2012-based computer experiences high CPU usage when it runs a Windows Update applicability scan. Additionally, the applicability scan takes longer than expected. Windows Modules Installer (TiWorker.exe) is running on the machine, which may increase the time required to complete the installation.
When a backup ends with an error status (backup is not created), Acronis True Image displays a short error message in the product interface, and writes the details in a text log file (“full log”).
To see the short error message do either of the following:
Acronis True Image 2021 is installed on Windows 8.1 x64.
When you try to run an antivirus scan of the system, scan freezes and never finishes:
This issue is caused by a bug in Windows 8.1 thread scheduler.