While creating a new sync and pressing the "Sync Now" button an error occurs. Press "Ignore" or "Cancel" and wait for 3-5 minutes. The sync will then start
Make sure the file is included in a sync with the Acronis Cloud and the synchronization has completed successfully before generating a public link for that file
You try to create a sync between two local folders, you press "Sync Now" button and receive an error
To ensure that our Sync function provides access to your selected synchronized data anytime, anywhere, we have focused this feature on our cloud services. This ensures that your synchronized data can be accessed even if you don’t have access to a PC or Laptop, and is securely stored in the Acronis cloud. Our previous local and mixed Sync functions could be affected if a user damaged a local destination (this was just a locally kept folder) or if something happened to the machine your data could become inaccessible.
This issue has been fixed, please update to the latest build. Edit the configuration to fix the issue
You attempt to create a local sync folder.
Creation attempt fails with the following error:
The path has been selected by another user
The message "path has been selected by another user" is displayed when a different user has already selected that local sync folder already. The same folder on a computer cannot be selected by multiple users of that computer. Please select a different folder.
- You use on-premises installation of Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5
- You register maintenance renewal under your Acronis Account, then you synchronize licenses with account using Sync button under Settings > Licenses in backup management console.
- After successful synchronization, the new maintenance expiration date does not appear in the console, you see old date or Expired.
In case your Gateway Server and Access server go out of sync, your data sources will not be accessible by mobile clients. This is a very rare occurance, to fix it, do the following:
- Open the Acronis Cyber Files web interface and log in as an administrator.
- Navigate to Mobile Access -> Data Sources.
- Open the desired Data Source and press the Save button. You need to do this for all Data Sources linked to the un-synced Gateway Server.
Acronis is offering a sync&share solution for free to help customers working from home to easily share files and cooperate on creating materials.
- You open Acronis Cyber Backup web console, go to Settings -> Licenses and click Sync to synchronize subscription licenses from Acronis account,
- The following error appears:
Acronis account <xxx> synchronization failed
1) You try to delete a sync in Acronis True Image, but it fails with an error message.
2) The synchronization itself was deleted from the cloud successfully, but the entry stays in Acronis True Image user interface and cannot be removed.
1) If the synchronization fails to be deleted in the program, you can try to delete it from WebRestore:
This article looks at troubleshooting performance issues in Acronis True Image.
In general, performance is constantly being optimized, so updating to the latest build is always recommended for the best performance of backup and other operations. Always make sure you are troubleshooting performance issues with the latest build of the product (if it is possible).
- You have updated to the latest version of the Unified agent of Acronis Cyber Files Cloud.
- The folders on the File server are shared with read-only permissions
- Download of 'Sync down' read-only share prompts the following sync errors: "File permission error" or "Internal error"
Under specific circumstances, the software may crash. It is very important to report a crash instead of trying to workaround it. Normal workflow for a crash problem is the following:
- Your company's network has tight security, that incorporates firewalls or deep packet inspection software which interferes only with encrypted traffic. In this case, Acronis Connection Verification Tool will report the connection to be successful, yet the backup will fail. Once an unknown certificate is present in the chain, Acronis Storage rejects the connection.
- On MacOS, there is no Acronis Connection Verification Tool yet. OpenSSL can be used as a replacement for it.
- License sync with Acronis Account fails.
You have removed several backup archives or have backed up a significant amount of data to the Cloud, but the Storage Usage still displays old values.
- Synchronization of files fails with "Internal error" (shown in Cyber Protection monitor)
- At the same time, you can see errors "UNIQUE constraint failed: nodes.id" in the sync-and-share-agent logs, location of the logs:
Mac: Library\Application Support\Acronis\Agent\var\log\
Upgrade issue from Legacy agent to the Unified agent.