How to upgrade tape vaults from Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 to Acronis Backup & Recovery 11
A manual or automatic deletion of a backup from centralized managed vault fails with an error. To solve this issue, you need to manually run re-indexing of the vault
Instructions on finding backups in an offline managed vault
If the Acronis Storage Node component crashes during any operation, please enable the automatic dump creation on this machine for troubleshooting purposes.
To enable automatic dump creation, follow these steps:
Find and set the former ID for the Storage Node instance in registry settings
Using Acronis Backup in a multihomed environment
Manually detaching a managed vault
How to move backups to a new storage node
- You created a backup to a tape directly attached to a machine with Agent for Windows/Agent for Linux,
- You added the same tape as managed location to a Storage Node;
- Recovery or browsing archives from the tape via Storage Node fails with:
The storage node cannot access backups created in an unmanaged location
Product design limitation. Currently recovery of backups created by Agent on tape by Storage Node is not supported.
You can use one of the following workarounds:
All communications between agents and Acronis Storage Node are encrypted (SSL protocol). To disable encryption and increase backup speed, especially on fast networks (10Gb+) please use this manual.
- You have a Storage Node with a managed vault;
- You set up a backup plan to back up 60+ machines to this managed vault.
- Backup fails with the following message:
The specified user name or password for remote resource 'bsp://...' is incorrect. Check the user name and password and retype them.
- You deploy a virtual appliance to ESXi host
- You create an Entire VM backup plan to tape (either connected directly or via Storage Node) and activate Enable file recovery from disk backups stored on tapes backup option
- Backup is created successfully
- When you attempt to recover files from this backup, no files/folders are shown. Only Partition 0 empty folder is shown in the backup: