A manual or automatic deletion of a backup from centralized managed vault fails with an error. To solve this issue, you need to manually run re-indexing of the vault
Instructions on finding backups in an offline managed vault
If the Acronis Storage Node component crashes during any operation, please enable the automatic dump creation on this machine for troubleshooting purposes.
To enable automatic dump creation, follow these steps:
Find and set the former ID for the Storage Node instance in registry settings
Using Acronis Backup in a multihomed environment
Manually detaching a managed vault
All communications between agents and Acronis Storage Node are encrypted (SSL protocol). To disable encryption and increase backup speed, especially on fast networks (10Gb+) please use this manual.
How to move backups to a new storage node
How to upgrade tape vaults from Acronis Backup and Recovery 10 to Acronis Backup and Recovery 11
- You have a Storage Node with a managed vault;
- You set up a backup plan to back up 60+ machines to this managed vault.
- Backup fails with the following message:
The specified user name or password for remote resource 'bsp://...' is incorrect. Check the user name and password and retype them.
- You deploy a virtual appliance to ESXi host
- You create an Entire VM backup plan to tape (either connected directly or via Storage Node) and activate Enable file recovery from disk backups stored on tapes backup option
- Backup is created successfully
- When you attempt to recover files from this backup, no files/folders are shown. Only Partition 0 empty folder is shown in the backup:
- You created a backup to a tape directly attached to a machine with Agent for Windows/Agent for Linux,
- You added the same tape as managed location to a Storage Node;
- Recovery or browsing archives from the tape via Storage Node fails with:
The storage node cannot access backups created in an unmanaged location
Product design limitation. Currently recovery of backups created by Agent on tape by Storage Node is not supported.
You can use one of the following workarounds:
Backup to a managed location fails with:
Connection to the storage node failed. Backup to storage node is not supported by earlier agent versions. Update your Cyber Protection agent to build 26172 or later
Starting from Acronis Cyber Protect 15 Update 4, Storage Node can only accept connections from Agents with build 26172 or later.
After reinstallation of Storage Node and Agent to Update 2 (Build 26981), backup to a managed location fails with the following error:
Failed to connect to the storage node. SocketError: error:14090086:SSL routines:ssl3_get_server_certificate:certificate verify failed