This article describes how to back up a virtual machine using Acronis True Image Echo and VMware Consolidated Backup
Reboot the machine and repair the installation
Acronis True Image errors out with "Unable to create volume snapshot" when backing up volumes of over 4 TB in size in Linux
You are either trying to back up a free VMware ESXi using Acronis Agent for ESX/ESXi or you have not added a license to your paid version of VMware ESX/ESXi
Try disabling write caching for the USB drive to solve the issue
With the Enabled VSS support option Acronis True Image Echo errors out with the "Unable to create volume snapshot" error message when trying to backup a hard disk drive with EISA diagnostic partition
This has been fixed
Instructions on how to enable Microsoft native VSS instead of the default Acronis VSS in Acronis Backup & Recovery 10
Make sure the backup is run under administrator or that you back up without using VSS
Recovery points in Acronis vmProtect 7
Close all running programs, restart the product and try to run the backup plan again
Please contact Acronis Customer Central to get a special build with the timeout increased
How to create backup with these applications
Reinstall SnapAPI drivers to fix the issue
The issue has been fixed in update 6
Change the databases to Simple Recovery Mode
Backup fails with "Cannot continue backup. There is not enough free space on the drive where the snapshot cache file is located.". You can solve this issue by moving the destination for temporary file of snapshot.
Update to the latest build or turn on snapshotting for file backup
Description of the Acronis SnapAPI module
Activate Acronis VSS provider or turn off VSS entirely
Pre/post commands are executed before or after the whole backup process. Before/after data capture commands are executed during the backup process, right before and immediately after the snapshot
Instructions on how to enable Microsoft native VSS instead of the default Acronis VSS in Acronis Backup
You are running a single-pass backup of SQL instances that fails with the error. To fix this issue, re-register the VSS service
All conditions must be true:
- Act! software and Microsoft SQL Server are installed
- Acronis True Image does not create a backup. If you click the red exclamation mark at the center of the backup screen, the following error message is displayed:
- Entire PC and disk/partition backups: Unable to create volume snapshot
- File and folder backup: Failed to backup file or folder
- The last modified log file at C:\ProgramData\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Logs\ti_demon contains the following text: VSS writer 'SqlServerWriter' with class ID 'A65FAA63-5EA8-4EBC-9DBD-A0C4DB26912A' has failed to process the snapshot
Acronis VSS provider is used to initiate creation of VSS snapshot, but MS VSS service is actually used
Backup task hangs at "Calculating time remaining..."
You attempt to perform a disk or partition backup that fails with the following error: "Failed to read the snapshot."
This article applies to backups of Hyper-V VMs performed by Agent for Hyper-V (agent-less)
Prior to performing the backup, make sure that the below prerequisites are met:
1. Hyper-V Integration Services must be up-to-date and running inside the virtual machine(s).
2. In order to avoid VM going into "saved" state during backup, make sure that the Integration services -> Backup (Volume checkpoint) option is enabled in VM settings in Hyper-V Manager.
Increase the storage size or change the storage location of the volume snapshot
Deactivate scoped snapshots for Hyper-V virtual machines.