How to work around the situation when the set up e-mail notifications fail to be received
Making sure your SMTP Server and client are ready E-mail notifications setup
Setting up E-mail notifications
Please provide credentials or use a different mail server
Make sure you are using the correct port number and have SSL
Use SMTP server that supports the "DATA" command
Uncheck the "Log on to incoming mail server" option
There are several possible causes.
- You used Acronis Cyber Backup 11.7 and specified email settings in Default backup options
- You upgraded from Acronis Cyber Backup 11.7 to Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5 Build 9010
- After updating to newer builds of Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5(10130, 10330 etc), SMTP settings in System settings -> Email server are empty and need to be specified again.
Issue in the product.
Specify SMTP settings again after update.
Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud uses a Mailgun SMTP server for email notification delivery.
This article explains how to ensure all notifications from our side are received.
We recommend adding an SPF trust record for cloud.acronis.com on your mail server.
v=spf1 a mx include:cloud.acronis.com -all
See syntax documentation here.
Email notifications can be set up in two ways:
1) per backup task (Windows only)
2) universally for all existing and future backup tasks (Windows, Mac)
Per-backup notifications are more configurable, but are more complicated to set up.
Global notifications are easy to enable, but are less informative.
How to upload files to Acronis FTP Server
- You set up e-mail notifications to Gmail.
- Sending e-mail notifications fails with: