This article describes troubleshooting techniques that can be used to resolve/workaround a number of issues with Acronis True Image software, caused by outdated, damaged or missing parts of the software settings and executable files.
The list of symptoms when it can help includes, but is not limited to:
- the error "Cannot create database" at program startup
- various errors telling that a certain device, path, folder, file, backup, volume, version were not found or could not be accessed
- unexpected prompts for items listed above while using the program within Windows
- backup task is shown as "queued" when no other task is running
- program silently does not launch, no errors are displayed (GUI is not showing up at program's startup)
The methods described on this page go from a quick database cache refresh, that does not require backup tasks reconfiguration afterwards, to applying a special cleanup tool used in cases when neither repair nor uninstallation works.
Instructions from this article apply only to issues within a Windows operating system. The article does not apply to any problem observed in the bootable media environment.