You can move or rename a backup archive using Acronis True Image Home 2010, or do this with Windows Explorer and then re-add the backup archive to Acronis True Image Home 2010
Renaming managed or unmanaged vaults from Acronis Management Server
How to automatically rename full backups, so that they do not overwrite each other
This is expected behavior
It is strongly recommended not to change Organization name
This is a known issue. Currently "Rename", "Delete" and "Create folder" are not supported from within the product
How do I rename my backup?
All Acronis True Image 2016 backups that are not stored in Acronis Cloud, have names like this: my_documents_inc_b2_s3_v1.tib. See detailed explanation of each part of the name in the user guide at http://www.acronis.com/en-us/support/documentation/ATI2016/#22747.html
Attempting to rename or duplicate a file whose name is longer than 31 characters on an Acronis Files Connect (formerly ExtremeZ-IP) volume from a Mac OS X client causes the file name to be truncated to 31 characters.
Steps to Reproduce:
Copy a file with a long name to an Acronis Files Connect volume from a Mac OS X client. Attempt to rename the file, or duplicate it. The file name will be truncated.
This article describes how to rename backup locations in on-premises version of Acronis Backup 12.5.
(!) Acronis Secure Zone locations and tape pools cannot be renamed.
How to rename an unmanaged location
In Management Console, go to Backups > Locations.
Check the checkbox on the backup location that you want to rename (if no checkboxes appear, hover the mouse over the backup location). Menu will appear on the right.
- You created a managed location on Acronis Storage Node and saved a backup to it.
- You edited the managed location and renamed it.
- When you try to delete a backup from the renamed location, operation fails with:
Unknown location <old vault name>
- You rename a machine where Agent is installed, e.g. from Machine01 to Machine02
- After some time, name of the machine changes on Management Server
- When backup plan runs after machine is renamed, the name of backup archive contains old machine name. This applies both to existing backup plans and new backup plans created after the machine was renamed.
The Acronis Backup 12.5 product line has been renamed to Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5.
Today’s digital world needs modern cyber protection. Just backup is not enough: data protection is about safety, accessibility, privacy, authenticity, and security. Acronis has focused on a more holistic approach – designing all of its solutions to address all Five Vectors of Cyber Protection (also known by the acronym SAPAS). The new product names are a way to reinforce this difference.