Acronis Backup and Security 2011 is a product bundle of Acronis True Image Home 2011 and Acronis Internet Security 2011
Based on the Acronis products already installed in the system and your licensing preference, there are several installation scenarios for Acronis Backup and Security 2011
- You have an HP computer in UEFI mode
- You try to restore a system backup or perform a different operation with Acronis True Image that requires reboot
- After reboot, the system boots directly to Windows. Acronis True Image does not start in boot mode and the recovery/other operation is not performed
HP computers in UEFI mode use a specific boot order that overrides Acronis Loader.
As a workaround, change the boot order manually:
Applies to: Acronis True Image 2019 for Mac, build 14170
Error "Video mode setup error: Error 0x1400006: Invalid video framebuffer parameters" occurs at computer boot time when you try one of the following:
- Boot the computer from Acronis bootable media (Linux-based)
- Use F11 feature (Acronis Startup Recovery Manager)
- Perform a recovery, disk cloning or other operation, and a computer reboot was requested
Example error messages:
List of possible causes and solutions
You can restore Windows Boot Loader manually using Windows utilities
Register the MAPI PST service by using either the MFCMAPI tool (go to Profile -> Advanced profile -> Add services to MAPISVC.INF... and select PST) or Mergeini.exe
Uninstall Microsoft Outlook and re-install Microsoft Exchange MAPI and CDO
Recovery of MS Exchange database/storage group fails if committed transaction log is missing in the backup
Recovery of an MS Exchange storage group or database fails with error "The path cannot be the root directory.”. To work around use, a directory other than root
Mailbox level recovery of a non-existing linked mailbox fails with "PowerShell error details: The user account for a user mailbox must be enabled"
1. You recover a machine from a disk backup using Acronis Bootable Media
2. After recovery, MMS service does not start. If you try to start it manually, you get an error "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion"
Since MMS cannot be started, the machine cannot be registered, with a message similar to Connection to the backup service has been lost.
32-bit UEFI devices support limitation
- You attempt to recover a virtual machine on Citrix XenServer 7.1 or 7.2 using bootable media or via Recovery option in backup console. Backup is located in Acronis Cloud storage.
- Recovery from Cloud Storage hangs and does not continue.
- After media hangs, network on VM is disconnected (e.g. you are unable to connect to the machine via SSH or you can see network disconnect in system information collected from Acronis bootable media)
Do the following to recover files from a backup:
To the original machine
- Log in to Backup Management Console and click Recover:
- Click Recover machine:
- Specify recovery options if you need them, otherwise skip this step
You are trying to perform recovery with Acronis bootable media. The source is iSCSI target.
You are able to connect to the iSCSI host, but unable to see anything inside and receive the following error:
iscsiadm: no records found
- You created a backup plan with Acronis Cloud storage as a destination. You run the backup plan successfully
- When trying to restore any recovery point, the process just hangs on Loading
- When checking the PCS logs on the agent machine, you see the error message like:
When performing a recovery of an Windows XP or 2003 Server system with a change from IDE to AHCI makes the system unbootable after succesfull recovery. To fix this issue, use an older Intel storage driver.
Under specific circumstances software may crash. It is very important to report a crash instead of trying to workaround it. Normal workflow for a crash problem is the following:
You observe one of these symptoms:
1. The occupied space on the Account tab of Acronis True Image shows the amount of data stored in Acronis cloud, but when you open Online Dashboard and want to download files from Acronis cloud, the Web Recovery page does not show any backups.
2. You are trying to recover the data from the Web Recovery page but when you click on your backup or click 'download' on the file, you get an error message stating "The server is not available at the moment. Please try again later".
Because Acronis products work with the storage system of an operating system on a very low level, there is a small risk that different conflicts on this level can lead to an operating system crash during backup or other operations. Please follow the instructions below to troubleshoot these issues, depending on what operating system is being used..
Product may hang under specific circumstances.
There are 2 types of hanging:
Table of trial limitations of Acronis products