When contacting Acronis Support with a technical issue, it is recommended to have Acronis System Information at hand
This article describes how to use Web Restore to retrieve files or folders without using Acronis software.
You restore a machine to dissimilar hardware and apply Acronis Universal Restore.
The process completes successfully, but the restored machine goes to BSoD with error "Stop 0x0000007B".
Operation (backup, recovery, cleanup) fails with the following error:
Windows error: (0x8007051F) There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request
You create an agentless backup of VMware or Hyper-V virtual machine.
When you try to recover files from a virtual machine backup to original location, only custom location is available in the recovery wizard.
The recovery of an Exchange database to original location fails with:
Error code: 254
Message: It is not allowed to overwrite database <database> during recovery.
- You created a backup of a VMware VM using Acronis Cyber Protect 12.5 Virtual appliance.
- You recover the backed up VM to the same host with Acronis Cyber Protect 15.
- When you boot the VM, it is not possible to change the boot order. The message is:
All items on this menu cannot be modified in user mode. If any items require change, please consult your systems Supervisor.
- You download a Bootable media and get a registration token for it
- You boot a machine with the Bootable media and register the media on Management Server with the registration token
- Go to Recovery and select Cloud vault. No backups are shown and the following message appears:
The selected location does not contain backed up data
Issue in the product.
This issue has been fixed in Acronis Cyber Protect 21.10.
- You created a full disk backup of a system SCSI disk
- You recover this system backup to an NVMe disk
- After recovery, the system fails to boot, with the following error:
NVMe driver is missing in the source OS.
Boot the restored machine into Windows Safe Mode. The system will install the required drivers automatically.
You can also use Acronis Universal Restore:
Backups are stored in managed vaults.
Loading of recovery points under Devices -> Recovery is much slower than when browsing recovery points of the same archive under Backups tab.
Issue in the product. When Devices -> Recovery tab is opened the list of recovery points gets refreshed every time, resulting in a longer load time.
This issue will be fixed in one of the upcoming product updates.
Perform the following steps on Management Server machine:
1. Operation with a backup archive (backup, replication, recovery, etc.) fails with one of the following messages:
Data is corrupted: CRC mismatch or internal data structures mismatch
The archive is corrupted
- You create an entire machine backup of a Linux system where one or more partitions in the system has a label
- When you attempt to recover files from the the partition with the label, original location is grayed out during recovery
- You install Agent for Windows into a Gen 2 Azure VM and perform recovery as described in Windows Azure and Amazon EC2 virtual machines
- You have a branded URL
- Login to Web Recovery console via branded link fails with "Whitelabel Error Page"
Currently Web Restore does not work with custom branded URLs.
This feature was implemented in Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud 22.03
Backup Storage tab cannot be opened: it is loading infinitely or gives "504 Gateway Time-out" error.
Issue in the product.
This issue has been fixed in Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud 22.04
You've performed the entire PC recovery to the same PC. The recovery has been successful.
You're trying to start the computer but it fails with "Stop code: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO".
The validation of the backup used for recovery is successful.
The Intel Optane memory system acceleration module prevents the system from the correct backup and recovery.
- You back up a virtual machine that has a dynamic volume or disk
- After successful backup, it is not possible to run it as VM "BIOS isn't able to find a bootable partition"
- You see errors similar to "No media found" or "No bootable devices found"
Attempting to recover backed-up OneDrive files using the Web Restore console fails with the following error message:
Restore error... Unsupported file type..
You want to perform an entire machine recovery (bare metal recovery) of a Windows device, where the device in question has BitLocker enabled. Attempting the recovery using the Cyber Protection Console fails with the following error message:
Cannot find a primary partition with enough free space for the loader activation.
It is impossible to perform an entire machine recovery using the Cyber Protect Console. You must perform the recovery using bootable media instead.
Backup, replication or another activity fails with:
The path <path> does not exist.
For example: The path "F:/" does not exist.
Or, in older builds:
Windows error: (0x80070002) The system cannot find the file specified