There are cases when Acronis Disk Director may require you to reboot the machine to perform an operation
How to proceed with the issue when after successful deployment, the target system is being system patched on every reboot
After applying Try&Decide changes reboot the computer before creating Acronis Secure Zone with allocating space for it from system partition
On the first reboot after defragmentation there is a black screen showing "Non-system disk, press any key"
Reboots the system
Restoring system partition requires the system to reboot before restoration starts
With the Try&Decide feature you can run your system in a try mode and then apply the changes or discard them
Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 asks for a reboot to increase, decrease or create Acronis Secure Zone, or to restore partitions
This has been fixed
This article applies to:
Restore the partition from Acronis Bootable Media
This has been fixed.
Reconfigure the virtual machine to solve the issue
Acronis Disk Director reboots in Windows Native Mode to commit pending changes, but the operation either fails with an error or completes with no result
Doing a hard reboot during a Try&Decide session can make the system unbootable
Acronis True Image inadvertently reboots the machine when run if there is File Securer installed
The "Shut down the computer when 'recovery' is completed" option reboots the machine instead of shutting it down
This is an issue in the Windows powrprof.dll library. Download the fix and replace Scheduler2 files
Acronis product reboots in Windows Native Mode, but the cloning or restore process finishes in a few seconds with no result
Restart the machine to solve the issue
While Restoring LVM volume created with Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 in Sector-by-Sector mode ask for reboot before restore is finished
After installation of Acronis Backup onto Windows XP a reboot is mandatory.
As a workaround, recover from Acronis Bootable Media
Fixed in build 540
Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 shows Error "System is about to be shut down". Reboot your machine to solve this issue
Do a hard reset of the machine
List of recommendations on how to avoid system reboot after installing, uninstalling, updating or upgrading Acronis Backup & Recovery components in Windows
- You create a deployment task with the default option "Shut down" enabled for an Agent on Windows 8;
- After you perform a successful deployment, the Agent reboots instead of shutting down.
This is an irregular known issue.
As a workaround, please shut down the Agent machine manually (or through Remote Desktop).
Error "Video mode setup error: Error 0x1400006: Invalid video framebuffer parameters" occurs at computer boot time when you try one of the following:
- Boot the computer from Acronis bootable media (Linux-based)
- Use F11 feature (Acronis Startup Recovery Manager)
- Perform a recovery, disk cloning or other operation, and a computer reboot was requested
Example error messages:
- You have an HP computer in UEFI mode
- You try to restore a system backup or perform a different operation with Acronis True Image that requires reboot
- After reboot, the system boots directly to Windows. Acronis True Image does not start in boot mode and the recovery/other operation is not performed
HP computers in UEFI mode use a specific boot order that overrides Acronis Loader.
As a workaround, change the boot order manually: