Instructions on how to install Acronis License Server and manage licenses
How to proceed if Acronis Agent cannot find license
How to proceed if Acronis Agent cannot find license
Hit CTRL-V to insert the serial license into the installation wizard
The delays may happen if the License Server is on a remote machine
You do not have a license to back up ESX(i) or Hyper-V. Please add the correct license
License server is not accessible or the license is already in use
How to receive an upgrade license for an Acronis Enterprise Product provided that you have a respective support option
To use Acronis True Image on a Windows computer or a Mac, you need to activate it via the Internet. Without activation the fully functional product works for 30 days. If you do not activate it during that period, all the program functions become unavailable except the recovery.
You can activate Acronis True Image either on your computer or from another computer, if your computer is not connected to the Internet.
When your Acronis Backup to Cloud subscription is about to expire and you want to continue backing up to cloud, you need to renew the subscription.
- You have Hyper-V 2019 environment with Acronis Backup Agent for Hyper-V installed
- Agent for Hyper-V sometimes loses assigned license and backups fail with an error similar to the following one:
Functionality 'pcBackup' is not available. Please use the appropriate license
Where to find end-user license agreement of Acronis products
Acronis Disk Director 12.5 editions:
- Acronis Disk Director 12.5 Home
- Acronis Disk Director 12.5 Workstation
- Acronis Disk Director 12.5 Server
All editions have perpetual licenses that are unlimited in time. One perpetual license allows to use Acronis Disk Director 12.5 on one machine/operating system.
You can transfer your existing Acronis True Image license to a new computer, if the previously used computer becomes retired and is no longer used. In other cases, a new Acronis license must be bought for the new computer.
Acronis True Image 2016 is released in 2 editions:
- Acronis True Image 2016
- Acronis True Image Cloud (2016 release)
Both editions are available as 1, 3 or 5 machines licenses. Each license can be used for installing Acronis True Image on Windows or Mac.
Run repair installation, make sure connection between Agents and License server is stable
This article applies to:
- Acronis Snap Deploy 4
You attempt the deployment, it fails with error similar to: “Failed to check license – License server unavailable".
Having issues with activating your Acronis True Image license? Paid for a license or renewal, but it still says "Trial" or "Expired"? Unable to sign in? This articles gives instructions how to fix that.
I want to find out the current status of my license. How do I do that?
Trial period for the Acronis product is over and I have purchased a license for that product. Is there a licensed version of the product software I need to download that is different from the trial version of the product software that I have already installed?
- You use on-premises installation of Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5
- You register maintenance renewal under your Acronis Account, then you synchronize licenses with account using Sync button under Settings > Licenses in backup management console.
- After successful synchronization, the new maintenance expiration date does not appear in the console, you see old date or Expired.
This article provides troubleshooting steps for synchronization of licenses with Acronis account.
Please note that only subscription licenses can be synchronized. If you have perpetual licenses, add them manually: Click Settings -> Licenses –> Add keys and paste the serial numbers.
To synchronize the subscription keys with keys registered under Acronis Account, go to Settings -> Licenses, click Sync and sign in to your Acronis account.
- You installed Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5 Build 12730, 12860 or 12890. Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5 Standard license is assigned to the machine.
- You create or edit a backup plan to back up a group of application items: mailboxes, SQL or Exchange databases.
- A warning appears: An Advanced license is required
Issue in the product.
- You open Acronis Cyber Backup web console, go to Settings -> Licenses and click Sync to synchronize subscription licenses from Acronis account,
- The following error appears:
Acronis account <xxx> synchronization failed
This article provide troubleshooting steps for license assignment issues: in case license cannot be assigned to Acronis Agent or an assigned license was lost by Agent.
You installed Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5 Agent on a machine with non-server operating system (Windows 7/8.1/10 etc.) that has a Hyper-V role enabled. A Workstation license is assigned to this Agent.
To check whether Hyper-V role is enabled on the machine, open Windows Services (Start -> Run -> Services.msc) and look for services with names starting with "Hyper-V", e.g. Hyper-V Virtual Machine Management. If such services are present in the list, then Hyper-V role is enabled.
An overview of the Acronis product licensing
If you use the subscription-based version of Acronis True Image 2018/2019/2020, you can manage the licenses manually at the Acronis website.
1. Go to https://account.acronis.com/, and then sign in with your Acronis account.
2. In the Products section, find Acronis True Image Essential, Premium or Advanced, and then click Manage:
Office 365 mailbox has Not protected status although a group backup plan is applied.
Issue happens because currently C2C agent does not perform backup of O365 mailboxes that do not have a valid license.
Acronis True Image 2020 is available as 4 license types:
- Acronis True Image 2020 Essential
- Acronis True Image 2020 Advanced
- Acronis True Image 2020 Premium
- Acronis True Image 2020 Standard
All types are available as 1, 3 and 5 machines licenses. Each license can be used for installing Acronis True Image on Windows or Mac.