The application is probably blocked by the Firewall
The product's Firewall is probably blocking the access
These two products are incompatible
Port and hostname that Acronis Internet Security Suite 2010 Antivirus needs to have access to
Allow "System" rule 35 for Remote Desktop access
Firewall protects your computer from hacker and malicious outside attacks
Allow the Network access for VMware Adapter on the "Network" tab
Remove any other security software before installing the product
Acronis Backup and Security 2011 integrates Firewall, Backups, Antispam and Antiphishing into Windows
This is a known issue
This is a known issue on Windows 7. Set the Firewall in the "Trusted (Allow All)" mode temporarily
The port is chosen at random, the hostname is orders.acronis.com, and the Firewall exception is "Acronis Sync Agent Service"
With Windows, the firewall is on by default. If you choose to run your server with the firewall up, you will need to configure it to allow other computers to access Acronis Files Connect (formerly ExtremeZ-IP).
Make sure you have ports 9876 and 25001 open
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup Advanced 11.5 (Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5)
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11
- You start remote installation of Acronis components.
- Installation fails with the following error messages:
Failed to get information about remote machine
Failed to connect to the service
Failed to connect to Windows service
To fix the issue, allow MS SQL Server ports in Firewall settings
Setting up network for Acronis products.
- Your company's network has tight security, that incorporates firewalls or deep packet inspection software which interferes only with encrypted traffic. In this case, Acronis Connection Verification Tool will report the connection to be successful, yet the backup will fail. Once an unknown certificate is present in the chain, Acronis Storage rejects the connection.
- On MacOS, there is no Acronis Connection Verification Tool yet. OpenSSL can be used as a replacement for it.
In some situations, a security program like virus scanner or other security suites blocks the functionality of the product. You can solve such issues by adding program folders to exclusion or to whitelist.
To let Acronis products operate properly in the network, you need to open specific ports in Firewall settings.
Agents installed on the managed machines (end-user machines) need to have access to the hostnames/IP addresses and ports listed in this article. Most of Acronis Backup Cloud components utilize multiple IP addresses, you can find the exact IPs Acronis agents will use in your environment by running the connection verification tool.
Alternatively, you can provide access to all the hostnames/IP addresses through ports listed below, depending on the respective datacenter.