If you need to change the account used by Acronis to log in to vCenter or ESX(i) host in version 5 and 6:
If you have virtual machines using duplicated BIOS UUID, you cannot see all existing virtual machines. Only one of them will be displayed. To fix this issue, you should change the BIOS UUID in one of the affected machines manually
This article applies to:
- Acronis Cyber Backup & Recovery 11.5
- Acronis Cyber Backup 11.7 - upgraded from earlier versions
- Acronis Cyber Backup 12/12.5 - upgraded from earlier versions
You are backing up virtual machines by an Agent for VMware or Hyper-V (agentless backup). Backup notifications are enabled. Notifications contain only the name of the host machine or the name of Agent for VMware (Virtual Appliance or Windows Agent) machine name in the e-mail subject and body.
- You are trying to back up virtual machines on ESX/ESXi server using Acronis Agent for ESX/ESXi or Agent for VMware
- Operation fails with an error message similar to the following one:
Cannot back up virtual machines of the ESX/ESXi server because the "vStorage APIs" feature is not installed on the server
VMware vStorage APIs are not installed on the ESX/ESXi server.
Try reinstalling or updating your VMware tools to fix the issue
To back up machines in an ESXi Free environment, regular Acronis Agent for Windows/Agent for Linux (as opposed to Acronis Agent for ESX/ESXi or Acronis Agent for VMware) should be installed inside the virtual machines. Agentless backup is not supported.