Starting with Acronis Backup 11.7 Update 1 HF4, vSphere 6.5 is suported. The 64-bit Agent for VMware (Virtual Appliance) is designed for VMware vSphere 6.5. It is provided as a separate .msi file, and can be imported to an ESXi host as an OVF template.
- The agent has to be deployed manually from .ovf template.
- No direct SAN access backup support (since there is no Windows Agent – only appliance).
1. Download the .msi file for the product build that you use:
2. Install the downloaded .msi package on a Windows machine
3. Deploy the appliance manually from .ovf template files placed in the installation directory. Default installation path is Program Files\x86\Acronis\ESXAppliance
4. After deployment, configure the appliance from vSphere console (register vCenter on it), and then register it on Acronis Management Server from Acronis Backup interface: All machines with agents -> Add machine -> provide IP of the appliance -> provide credentials for vCenter/ESXi host managed by this appliance.