When contacting Acronis Customer Central with a technical issue, it is recommended to have Acronis System Information at hand
Collecting Acronis System Information report lets Acronis Support Engineers have a better insight into the issue you may be experiencing. Please collect the report from the machine requested (Agent machine, Virtual Appliance etc.), only this way all necessary logs will be collected.
Acronis system information may be generated in the backup console or from Acronis Bootable Media.
Collecting system information from an Agent machine or Virtual Appliance
- Open Acronis backup console.
- In devices, select the machine you want to collect system information from.
- Click Activities:
- Click Collect system information:
Collecting system information from Management server
- If Agent is installed on the machine with Management Server, collect system information as described in Collecting system information from an Agent machine or Virtual Appliance above
- If the machine with Management Server does not have Agent installed, please collect system information using SystemInfo utility as described in this article. The utility should run under Administrator account in order to collect all information correctly
If Acronis Management Server uses SQL databases on another machine, you need to additionally collect backups of SQL databases:
- On the machine with SQL server, open SQL Server Management Studio.
- Select the instance used by Acronis Management Server.
- There are 3 databases you need to back up:
- Select each of these databases, right-click the databases, select Task -> Back up. By default, backups are saved into the temp folder. Copy the backups and send them to Acronis Customer Central along with the system information file.
Collecting system information from Bootable media
- Click Help, and then Collect system information:
- Select a location for the report and click OK:
Generating the report may take a while. The report will be saved as SysinfoOutput.tar.bz2 in the location that you specify.
Collecting system information from Bootable media on a Mac
To be able to run the Acronis System Report script when booted from Acronis Media, copy this script to a disk with backups, USB flash drive or some other disk. Do not keep the script on a shared folder or Acronis Bootable Media.To run the Acronis System Report script from Acronis Bootable Media, mount the disk with the script.
Then do the following to run the script:
- Start Terminal.
- Go to the directory with the script (e.g. cd /Volumes/attached_media_with_script/directory_with_script/). If you do not know the name of your media, type cd /Volumes/ and press the Tab key twice, all directories will be listed.
- Start the script:
- Wait while the script collects the necessary information:
You can change the name of the file with system report, if needed. If you collect system information from several machines, it is recommended to save reports under different names.
If you do not have Acronis agent installed (for example, you use a dedicated machine for the management server in on-premise deployment) or cannot collect the system report in the product GUI, please create the system report as described in AcronisInfo Utility.