SQL Express SP3 conflicts with Windows XP SP2. Install SP3 or hotfixes from Microsoft to resolve the issue
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Virtual Edition
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server SBS
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation
- You install Acronis Management Server Build 12457 (or higher) on Windows XP Service Pack 2;
- During the installation of SQL Express 2005 computer BSODs or reboots.
Acronis Management Server Build 12457 contains SQL Express 2005 SP3. The executable files included in SQL Server 2005 SP3 include Windows Vista and Windows 2008 data, which may cause system crash on Windows XP SP2. Please see this Microsoft Knowledge Base article 921337 for more information.
Alternatively, you can install Service Pack 3 for Windows XP.
If the described solution does not help please contact Acronis Customer Central.