Restoring a partition with Acronis True Image 2014
Recovering files with Acronis True Image 2014
Downloading and using Acronis Universal Restore
This article applies to:
Acronis True Image 2014 Premium Update 3 (Build 6688)
- You want to restore some files from a backup in Acronis Cloud.
- You select the files to restore and a location where to restore these files. The location is not the original location of these files, but a new one.
- While restoring you see this error:
File with this name already exists.
- However, recovery destination folder does not contain these files.
This is a GUI issue. The issue will be fixed in future updates of Acronis True Image.
The product does not support database migration
To restore from an unmanaged vault, browse to the network share or local folder where the archive is. To restore from a centralized managed vault, click on Storage node, type in the IP Addres or computer name of the machine where Acronis Storage Node is
Scenarios of server cluster restore using Acronis Backup & Recovery
Rename the folder or do a disk-level backup
Acronis Backup & Recovery 11/11.5 is fully compatible with Aladdin Secret Disk. Other Acronis products have limited compatiblity
Download and install the fix
Privileges for VM backup and recovery on vCenter Server or ESX(i) host
You restore a machine to dissimilar hardware and apply Acronis Universal Restore.
The process completes successfully, but the restored machine goes to BSoD with error "Stop 0x0000007B".
- You want to browse backup contents in Windows Explorer, either for recovery purposes or just checking what is inside a particular backup.
- You locate the corresponding .tib file and double-click it.
- Backup opens, but files and folders are not displayed.
Back up Active Directory with Microsoft Ntbackup, then back up the server using Acronis True Image. Restore the server first with Acronis True Image, then restore Active Directory with Microsoft Ntbackup
The operation fails because the archive meta information is damaged or missing. Run vault validation to fix the issue
Acronis Recovery for MS SQL Server is a comprehensive backup and recovery tool for databases and entire Microsoft SQL Server instances
Acronis Backup and Security 2011 is a product bundle of Acronis True Image Home 2011 and Acronis Internet Security 2011
Based on the Acronis products already installed in the system and your licensing preference, there are several installation scenarios for Acronis Backup and Security 2011
- You have a Nonstop backup.
- You want to recover some file(s) from that backup.
- While browsing backup contents in Acronis True Image's window under Recovery tab, you notice that one or more files are missing.
Known issue with Nonstop backup browser in Acronis True Image's window. Use one of the methods described below to retrieve the needed file(s) from the Nonstop backup.
The issue will be fixed in one of the future versions of the software.
- You have a backup stored in Acronis Cloud.
- When you click the Reconfigure, Recovery buttons or try to perform any other operation with the backup, a notification message appears, saying "An error occurred either during connection or on the server. Check your Internet connection, or try to sign out, restart the program and sign in again"
List of possible causes and solutions
You can restore Windows Boot Loader manually using Windows utilities
The emails in an invalid format cannot be accessed by a MAPI application
Once a password has been set for a backup archive, it can not be retrieved if lost or forgotten
Acronis products are designed for the following scenarios:
- You can create a disk/partition backup and restore it to a different machine to transfer the entire existing system to new hardware (you may need to use Acronis Universal Restore if you plan to transfer the system to dissimilar hardware).
The reason is that the backup was created with disabled VSS support
If you want to restore APFS volumes to a new or empty disk, you need to create partitions on this new disk before you restore from a backup. Follow this article to restore from your Mac backup to a new disk.
When performing a recovery of an Windows XP or 2003 Server system with a change from IDE to AHCI makes the system unbootable after succesfull recovery. To fix this issue, use an older Intel storage driver.