Replication is creating backups in multiple locations with a single backup plan. This feature allows replicating backups from a local/network storage to multiple local/network storage, to Acronis cloud, or to an on-premises cloud based on Acronis storage (applicable to Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud).
To set up replication:
- Create a backup plan and select items you want to back up.
- Under Where to back up select Local folders or Network folders.
- When the first location is specified (and it is not a cloud storage), Add location section appears:
- Click + Add location and specify second location.
- Set up schedule, retention rules etc. and apply the plan.
You can add up to 5 secondary locations.
After a backup is created in the specified location, it will be automatically replicated to the second location.