Troubleshooting slow GUI issues in Acronis Disk Director
This article applies to:
- Acronis Disk Director (all editions)
In general, perfomance is constantly being optimized, so updating to the latest build is always recommened for the best perfomance.
Before anything else, please also note that slow GUI response in certain views can be expected behaviour during product operations as this requires to process a large amount of data. For example, a disk defragmentation performed by any 3rd-party software can affect Acronis Disk Director Performance. Make sure that the issue is reproduced when no operations are running before following instructions in this guide.
Collect the following information:
- Check if this happens in general for all GUI components, or in a fixed number of specific tabs/views of the product.
- Clarify the exact circumstances when this issue is reproduced. Pay special attention if this happens in a random manner/sporadically, after a specific action or becomes apparent over time after many operations. In the last case, note how long it takes for the issue to be reproduced and in which circumstances. If possible, collect detailed screenshots of the issue.
- Note the exact time it takes to display the elements in question after clicking on them.
- Collect a system report from the affected system:
Acronis Disk Director 11 Home: Collecting System Information
Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced: Collecting System Information
and contact Acronis Support.