Download the new build and update the components locally or remotely
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 (Advanced editions)
- Acronis Backup Advanced
Acronis Backup Advanced is Update 3 (build 38573) of Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 Advanced. We changed product names based on the overwhelming feedback from Acronis Partners and Customers from all over the world that we should simplify our Licensing Policy to make your product experience more enjoyable. You do not need any additional license to install Update 3. However, product and license will be renamed within the product interface after installing Update 3. For more information about new product naming see Acronis Backup & Recovery Is Now Acronis Backup: Renaming Table and Simplified Licensing Policy
For information on how to download the latest build see Downloading the Latest Build of Acronis Software.
(!) To update Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 components while preserving all previous settings, tasks, policies and vaults, it is recommended to install the update build without uninstalling the previous build.
- Run the installation package on the machine with the Acronis Management Console installed and select Install Acronis Backup Advanced:
- If you accept the License Agreement, check I accept the terms of this agreement box and click Next;
- Click Update:
- You will be prompted with an offer to install additional agents (Agent for SQL, Agent for Active Directory, Agent for Exchange) to protect applications detected on your machine, if any. Please note that paid add-on licenses are required to install these agents. Check the box(es) if you have required licenses or want to evaluate them for 15 days for free.
Otherwise uncheck the box(es):
- Select the License server or add licenses manually, click on Next:
- On the summary screen, click Update to start the installation:
- Run the updated Acronis Management Console and click Install Acronis components:
- Specify the machines where you would like to update Acronis components:
- Select the components to update on the remote machine(s):
- If Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 components are installed on the current machine, the program locates them automatically and offers them for installation. If no components are detected, please select a location where the installer should look for components:
- Specify the License server and licenses that should be used for installation or add them manually:
- On the next step you can change the installation options:
- Select whether you would like to be a part of Acronis Customer Experience Program (ACEP) and click Next;
- Review the installation summary and click Proceed to start the update:
- Wait until installation completes:
Now you can use Acronis Backup Advanced.
Once the installation of the update is finished, recreate the Acronis Bootable Media to have an updated version of it.
For information on how to update Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Standalone Editions, see Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 Standalone: Updating to Acronis Backup.
See also Acronis Backup 11.5.