Make sure your installation file matches the serial number you are trying to use
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image 2015
- Acronis True Image 2014
- You insert a serial number in the Acronis True Image 2014 installation wizard or Acronis True Image 2015 license wizard;
- You receive an error message similar to the following one:
The serial number is incorrect. Please enter the correct number.
Possible causes are:
- Serial number does not match the product that you are installing;
- Serial number is typed incorrectly;
- Issue with serial number.
Make sure that you are using the correct installation file. It is recommended to register your serial number on Acronis website and download the necessary installation file:
If you have several Acronis products, make sure you selected the correct serial number.
- If you are typing the serial number manually (e.g. it is printed on a CD sleeve) check the serial number for possible typos and misprints. Common misprints include:
0 (zero) and O (Oscar) 1 (one) and I (India) 5 (five) and S (Sierra) 8 (eight) and B (Bravo)
You may also want to use a magnifying glass to distinguish between the characters that look similar (e.g. 0 and D; B and 8 etc).
- Make sure that there are no spaces before or after serial number when you type or paste it in the available field. See also Pasting Serial Number in the Installation Wizard of Acronis Products.
- If after you enter the serial number, Acronis product prompts you to enter another serial number:
You specified a serial number for an Upgrade version of the product. In the second field please enter a serial number for an earlier version of Acronis True Image. See also Finding Your Acronis Product Serial Number.
(!) If an earlier version of Acronis product is already installed in your system, installation assistant will recognize serial number from the earlier version automatically and will not prompt you to enter a second serial number.
Acronis True Image 2015: FAQ
Acronis True Image 2014: FAQ