Cloning fails with “Error code: 10 'File system error is found' with extended code: 458,776 'MFT bitmap corrupted”
This article applies to:
- True Image 2013 by Acronis
- You attempt to perform a disk cloning;
- The operation fails with:
“Error code: 10 'File system error is found' with extended code: 458,776 'MFT bitmap corrupted”
There is a file system error on the source disk.
You can solve this issue with the following steps:
- If this is the first time you have this issue, please check all the disks for errors by the means of the CHKDSK utility:
- Go to the Command Prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd);
- Enter the command: chkdsk DISK: /r
where DISK is the drive letter of the partition you need to check.
(!) Checking the C: drive may require you to reboot the machine.
- If the issue still persists, it is recommended to install the latest updated SnapAPI driver:
- Download, unpack and install the SnapAPI1088;
- Reboot the machine;
If the issue remains after installing that driver, please Acronis Support after generating a system report. See True Image 2013 by Acronis: Generating System Report.