The credentials you provided for Acronis Management Server are incorrect
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup Advanced 11.5 (Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5)
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11
- You set up remote installation of an Acronis Agent;
- You select to have the Acronis Agent automatically registered on the Acronis Management Server after the installation;
- After the installation completes, you receive the following error message:
There are two possible causes:
- You have specified incorrect user name and/or password for the remote machine.
- The Acronis Management Server Service should not be run under Local System account.
Since the Acronis Agent has already been installed, you can manually add the Acronis Agent to the Acronis Management Server.
If you want to have the Acronis Agent automatically added to the Acronis Management Server, please ensure the following:
- Please specify the correct user name and/or password to the Acronis Management Server machine. Please note that due to security policy in your environment password on the target machine may expire.
- Also, make sure that the Acronis Management Server Service is not running under Local System account. Please see Acronis Backup: Do Not Run Acronis Managed Machine Service under the Local System Account. The procedure is exactly the same for Acronis Management Server Service.
Please contact Acronis Customer Central if you need assistance.