How to manually select components for Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5/11 Advanced installation and install the program locally
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 Advanced
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Advanced
Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5/11 allows two types of installation via user interface: you can select the function(s) that you want this machine to perform and the product will automatically offer to install the necessary components for these function(s) or you can select all components manually for a custom installation.
For instructions on installing by selecting the machine's function, see Acronis Backup & Recovery 11: Installation.
- Run the installation file and press Install Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5/11:
- If you accept the License Agreement, check I accept the terms of this agreement box and click Next;
- On the next step you are offered to choose between pre-configured installation scenarios and custom installations. since this article is dedicated to custom installation, check the box I want to manually select Acronis components and customize the installation process and click Next:
- Select the components that you want to install:
(!) Components that require license keys are marked by "key" icon. Components for centralized management can be installed without providing the licenses.
You can highlight components to see their description and purpose:
- If you selected the components requiring license keys, select Take license keys from license server to provide licenses for installation:
- If it is the initial installation, provide the license keys by pasting them in the available field or browse for the text file containing the keys. License keys will be automatically added to License Server:
If license server is already installed, specify IP or name of license server:
- On the next step you can modify the installation path for Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5/11:
- Specify credentials for Acronis services: you can create a new account or specify an existing account with Administrator rights:
(!) If the machine is a domain member, it is recommended to specify an existing account with Administrator rights.
- Specify the Microsoft SQL Server that will be used by Acronis Management Server:
- Select whether you want to register managed components on Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5/11 Management Server:
If you select to register component during installation, specify credentials for connecting to Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5/11 Management Server.
You can always register agents and/or storage node manually after installation.
- Specify user accounts to be added to Acronis Remote Users Security group. If you don't know what users should be added, leave the default list as is and press Next;
- On the next step you can enable Management Server Web page and specify port for it:
- Select whether you would like to be a part of Acronis Customer Experience Program (ACEP) and click Next;
- Review the installation summary and click Install to start the installation:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11: Installation
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5: Upgrading from Previous Editions
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Advanced: Upgrading from Acronis Backup & Recovery 10