Windows System Information file lets an Acronis Support Representative have a better insight into situation
Windows System Information file can be useful for troubleshooting an issue that occurs when working in Windows.
Windows System Information export contains the following details:
- Operating system
- System drivers
- Running tasks
- Program groups
- Startup programs
Windows System Information file is included in the scope of information gathered by AcronisInfo Utility but in some cases it should be collected manually, e.g. if AcronisInfo Utility fails to collect this report for some reason.
You need to do the following to create a Windows System Information file:
In Windows 7/8/10/Server 2008/Server 2012:
1. Hit Windows key+R to open the Run box. Type msinfo32 into the available field, and then hit Enter
2. System Information window opens. Go to File -> Save, specify a file name and set the field Save as type to System Information File (*.NFO)
In other Windows systems:
- Open Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information
- Choose the Save option in the File menu (or Action menu under Windows 2000), enter the File name and set the field Save as type to System Information File (*.NFO)
(!) If the operating system is Windows Server 2003 SP2, you get the following error message:
Windows cannot open Help and Support because a system service is not running. To fix this problem, start the service named 'Help and Support
To resolve the issue, please see Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 937231.
If the operating system is Windows NT 4.0, then please proceed as follows:
- Start->Programs->Administrative Tools (common)->Windows NT Diagnostics
- File -> Save Report
- Select Scope: "All tabs", Detail Level: "Complete", Destination: "File".
Windows System Information does not contain confidential data and is used by Acronis Support Representatives to determine what the issue can be.
It is a good idea to attach Windows System Information file along with Acronis Report when sending a request for support.
Windows System Information is also included in the default system utility build-in the the current Acronis products:
- (!) For Acronis True Image 2014 see Acronis True Image 2014: Generating System Report.
- (!) For Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 see Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5: Generating System Report.
- (!) For Acronis Disk Director 11 see Acronis Disk Director 11 Home: Collecting System Information.