Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server offers point-in-time backup strategy. It lets you create and manage backups on remote machines from one single location. It works both with Windows and Linux operating systems.
Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server is intended for creating an image of a hard disk/partition and restoring the content of a partition and/or the whole PC disk. Creating disk/partition images guarantees personal data safety and allows the user to deploy identical systems on another computer.
A disk/partition image contains encoded disk (partition) sector contents that are stored in an archive file. The archive file can simultaneously contain images of several disks and/or disk partitions. It can be located on a hard disk drive or any removable media that is connected to the computer.
Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server allows the user to restore both data and system partitions, even after the most serious system failures, with a wide range of tools, including:
- Boot into Acronis standalone version, if the user's operating system failed
- Work with hard disks of any capacity connected to your PC
- Access to a wide range of removable media drives (including tape drives) and disc burners with IDE, SCSI, USB, and PCMCIA interfaces
- Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server also allows the users to restore separate files and folders from a backup
- Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server includes Acronis Management Console which allows you to install the product, manage backup tasks, and recover remote servers located throughout your entire network
- There is also the Acronis Backup Server component that makes it possible to ensure the optimal usage of storage resources by allowing IT administrators to establish backup policies
- Acronis Group Server eases administration by viewing the status of all systems in the network
- Acronis True Image Windows Agent lets you run backup and recovery tasks on remote Windows servers in your network
- Acronis True Image Linux Agent is designed to make it possible to run backup and recovery tasks on remote Linux servers in your network
There are several exclusive features of the Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise software that distinguish it from similar products:
- It provides two backup products in one - our original disk imaging backup option and a new file-based backup option which enables you to back up specific files and folders
- Acronis Active Restore - Lightning-speed restore of your PC from an image. You can start working in seconds while your system is still being restored
- Acronis Universal Restore (optional) - Hardware-independent live system restore
- Acronis Secure Zone - Save data to a special partition on your hard drive. There is no need to purchase an extra hard drive, CDs, or DVDs to protect your data. This is especially useful for notebook computers
- Acronis Recovery Manager - A recovery option that enables you to restart your computer by hitting the F11 key in case your computer does not boot appropriately. Even if your operating system has been deleted, Acronis Recovery Manager can boot your computer
- Live backup - Run backups while computing
- Restore your entire PC, including the operating system, applications, and user settings without reinstallation of any software - Restore in minutes by avoiding the time-consuming task of locating all your application CDs and registration codes, and then reinstalling all programs
- Restore individual files or folders from an image archive
- Scheduler - You can run backups on a regular basis automatically
- Wizard-driven interface - The product walks you through each task so that you don't need to be a computer expert to use it