During backup, a "Source is not selected" error appears
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Server for Windows (Standalone)
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Small Business Server Edition
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Workstation (Standalone)
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Virtual Edition
(!) If you are backing up Hyper-V virtual machines and receive the Source is not selected error, please see Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server Virtual Edition Agent for Hyper-V Does Not Support Cluster Shared Volumes.
- You are attempting to run a Disks/volumes backup;
- The backup fails with the following error:
Error code: 64
Fields: $module : C:\Program Files
Message: An internal error.
Priority changed to Low.
An internal error.
An internal error.
Source is not selected. The operation has been terminated.
Operation has completed with errors.
- In the Windows System Information File (Start-Run -> msinfo32) under Software Environment -> System Drivers there is no snapman driver:
snapman present snapman missing
SnapAPI, which is a driver responsible for hard disk drive access, is not loaded. It may not have been installed/updated correctly or otherwise malfunctions.
Reinstall the SnapAPI driver:
- Close all Acronis windows;
- Stop all Acronis services (Start-Run -> services.msc);
- Download SnapAPI 586 and run it;
- After the update completes, restart all Acronis services (Start-Run -> services.msc);
- Start Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 and reattempt the backup.
If the issue persists, please contact Acronis Customer Central with a reference to this article and the following information:
- Installation history (product version and build numbers);
- Output of the AcronisInfo Utility.