Switch to Windows-like disk representation
Change to a different drive letter that has not been already assigned
An attempt to save log from Acronis Bootable Media with Linux-like representation fails with the following error message:
Failed to save the log entries to the file
This is a known issue.
It is recommended to create Acronis Bootable Media with Windows-like to avoid this issue.
This is a known issue with Acronis Bootable Media
This has been fixed
When you boot a Hyper-V virtual machine from Acronis Bootable Media, do not move the mouse in the boot menu and use keyboard to select the necessary component to load
The issue is only with Acronis Bootable Media. As a workaround, convert the disk from Windows
This has been fixed
As a workaround, use mouse to boot into the full environment
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10
- Acronis Snap Deploy 3
- You install Acronis PXE Server and configure machines to boot from it;
- Machines fail to boot from Acronis PXE Server with the following error:
Acronis Loader fatal error: At least 512 Kb of conventional memory required to start Acronis Loader
Incorrect work of Intel RAID in BIOS.
Only older versions of Acronis products support VIA C3 processors
Hit ALT-left SHIFT-NUM LOCK to enable keyboard navigation in Acronis Bootable Media
You must always use 32-bit drivers for WinPE-based media creation for the purpose of proper hardware recognition (WinPE media created this way will work correctly on 64-bit systems as well). However, for Acronis Universal Restore purposes you'll also need to specify 64-bit system drivers for the system to load correctly after the recovery.
What a bootable media of an Acronis backup software is and what features it offers
Acronis products allow you to create Linux-based bootable rescue media as well as WinPE-based bootable rescue media
When trying to create a bootable media on a stick with more than 32 GB capacity you get an error message "Media cannot be formatted" or bootable media is created, but the system does not boot from it.
After installation of Acronis vmProtect 9 Virtual Appliance onto ESXi 5.5 host upgrade its virtual hardware up to 10th version in order to avoid "The specified delta disk format 'redoLogFormat' is not supported." error in the log
You can boot the machine from Acronis Bootable Media and manage it locally or remotely
To restore from an unmanaged vault, browse to the network share or local folder where the archive is. To restore from a centralized managed vault, click on Storage node, type in the IP Addres or computer name of the machine where Acronis Storage Node is
Acronis Backup & Recovery 11/11.5 is fully compatible with Aladdin Secret Disk. Other Acronis products have limited compatiblity
Create two separate tasks if you are planning to back up local and network folders
This article explains the general concept of archives and backups as realized in Acronis Backup & Recovery, and how one can resume previous backups into the same archive
An Update is available for True Image 2013 and Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5
Acronis Bootable Agent can be controlled either locally through the GUI or remotely using the console
- You are trying to make a standalone deployment of an image placed on an external HDD to default disk.
- Deployment fails with:
E00770022: Deployment has completed with errors.
Failed to prepare to the image deployment operations. Possibly, image is corrupted or is not accessible.
Error code: 0x330022
$module = "stand_alone_glx_1416"
Internal error: Failed to create the image stream reader.
- You have a machine with Intel I219-LM NIC.
- You boot the machine with Acronis Linux-based bootable media.
- The NIC is not detected, you cannot configure network settings.
Limitation of the product.
The issue has been fixed in update 1 of Acronis Backup Advanced 11.7, please update to the latest build.
The issue has been fixed in update 3 of Acronis Snap Deploy 5, please update to the latest build.
- You create a 64-bit WinPE-based bootable media by specifying a path to a folder with WinPE files manually (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Assessment and Deployment Kit\Windows Preinstallation Environment\amd64\en-us\winpe.wim).
- You boot the target machine with the created media.
- Booting fails with the following error:
The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors.
Download an ISO image from the Acronis website, burn it to a CD/DVD, and issue a special command to get the proper screen resolution
Acronis Disk Director (any version and edition) is not supported on Mac computers.
- Installing and using Acronis Disk Director on macOS (any version)
- Installing and using Acronis Disk Director on BootCamp Windows
- Installing and using Acronis Disk Director on Parallels Windows or any other virtual machine on Mac computer
- Running Acronis Disk Director from a bootable media on Mac and any virtual machine on it
You can create a rescue bootable media - a standalone version of Acronis True Image that you can use to boot a crashed machine or a machine without any operating system and restore an image of your system. Follow these instructions to create a bootable media.