Installation of Acronis Agent for Linux fails with "Segmentation Fault". To fix this issue, transfer the installation files with WinSCP or via Samba share
The remote machine is inaccessible
- You are attempting to install Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Agent for Windows or Acronis Disk Director 11 Advanced;
- The installation starts, but then rolls back;
- In the installation log you search for the Return value 3 entry (for operating systems in English) and you see the following error entries:
(!) For complete information on how to analyze installation logs, please see Analyzing Installation Logs of Acronis Products Based on MSI Technology.
You need configure the system restored to dissimilar hardware before you can boot it
Agent installation on a Windows machine fails with the following error:
Error 0x627536: Failed to install the Visual C++ Redistributable Package
Download 32-bit installer and add it to remote installation folder
1. You installed Management Server and Agent of Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5 on the same machine,
2. When you try to add machine using Add button in Devices tab, error message appears:
You cannot remotely install the agent on the same machine that performs the remote installation. Please install the agent on this machine locally
If for some reason you do not know the name of the agent who performed the operation, you can always check it in the Activities tab. To do this, click on the activity and the agent's name will be displayed in the activity details.
You have successfully installed an Acronis Backup Agent, but registration failed and machine does not appear in Cyber Protection console.
Or you need to re-register a client machine to another Backup Account.
Use this method to manually register a Backup Agent.
Use quotation marks, if your password contains special characters or spaces.
The ext4 file system support has been implemented in the following products:
Try reinstalling or updating your VMware tools to fix the issue
- You have installed Management Server of build 16342 or updated the existing Management Server to this build.
- You launch the installation file of Build 16342 on a machine to install or update Agent locally.
- You specify the IP address or name of the Acronis Management Server where the agent should be registered. Connection fails with the following error:
Failed to connect to machine. HTTP status code: 500" error.
- You have a virtual environment protected with Agent for VMware or Agent for Hyper-V
- When a backup plan is applied to two or more virtual machines, activities for backup progress are not shown on virtual machines; instead they are shown on Agent that runs on hypervisor level.
- Alternatively, warnings or activities are shown on incorrect virtual machine
Specifics of product architecture.
After datacenter update to Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud C20.08, some online agents are shown as offline. Despite the offline status, backups are running and/or Antivirus & Antimalware protection works correctly.
There are no network issues, and Acronis services are running.
Issue in the product.
This issue will be fixed in the next update of Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud.
Table of trial limitations of Acronis products
To let Acronis products operate properly in the network, you need to open specific ports in Firewall settings.