You have an Acronis Cyber Protect 15 Standard/Advanced Virtual Host or Universal license or Acronis Cyber Backup 15 Standard/Advanced Virtual Host or Universal license (either subscription or perpetual) and want to back up Citrix XenServer, Red Hat Virtualization (RHV/RHEV), Nutanix AHV, KVM, Oracle virtual machines or virtual machines on a free ESX(i).
These virtual machines can be backed up by Acronis Agents installed into the guest operating systems of them.
Each license listed above can be used to back up all virtual machines on 1 host. This article explains how to assign the license.
If you have Virtual Host or Universal license already assigned to either VMware ESXi or Microsoft Hyper-V or Scale Computing HC3 host (for agent-less backup), then VMs running on these hosts are automatically covered by this license, including VMs which have backup agents running inside them.
In other words, you can use both agent-less and agent-based protection approach for these VMs with the same license.
- Open Acronis Cyber Protect web console.
- Navigate to Settings -> Licenses.
- Click Add keys. Enter the license keys.
- Click Manage on Acronis Cyber Protect/Backup Advanced Virtual Host or Universal license:
- Select the key to assign.
- Click Assign:
- The software displays the machines that the selected key can be assigned to. In this list select the VM which has Acronis Cyber Protect 15 agent installed.
- The “Assigned to” value for this license will be “FreeESXi” (not the original name of the machine):
As a result, all other similar VMs with backup agents inside will be automatically consuming this license assigned to one VM.
Note that the Revoke option from Settings > Licenses will not work for this license. If you want to revoke this license from all VMs where it was applied to, then you should do the following:
- Go to Devices list
- Select one VM (any single VM) which has agent inside and which was licensed using method described above
- Go to Details
- In the “License” section, click Change
- Select the No license option:
As a result, the license will be revoked from the selected VM and from all other VMs which were licensed using the method described above.