How to switch from Acronis Backup to Acronis Backup Advanced
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup 11.7
- Acronis Backup 11.5 (Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5) build 37975 or later
Acronis Backup 11.7
You need a full license of Acronis Backup Advanced 11.7, or an upgrade license and a full license of a previous advanced edition, or an Acronis Backup Advanced Product Subscription.
Acronis Backup 11.5
Starting from build 37975 you can upgrade your Acronis Backup 11.5 (Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5) from a stand-alone edition to an advanced edition without reistalling the software.
You need a full license of Acronis Backup Advanced 11.5 (Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 Advanced) or an upgrade license and a full license of a previous advanced edition.
You cannot upgrade from Acronis Backup & Recovery 10/11 (Stand-alone edition) to Acronis Backup Advanced 11.5 (Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 Advanced) having only an upgrade license without a full one.
Do the following to perform the upgrade:
On each machine where you want to upgrade Acronis Backup Advanced, change a license as follows:
- Run Acronis Backup. On the Help menu, click Change license. Click Change to the right of License for backup of disks/files:
- Click Change and select Use the following license keys. Enter the new license keys for this machine.
- Click OK to apply the new licenses:
- The licenses previously assigned to the machine will be revoked and the management console will restart. Now, you can connect the console to a remote machine and connect to this machine from a remote location.
Install the Management server
- Download the setup program of Acronis Backup Advanced from the Acronis website as described in Downloading the Latest Build of Acronis Software.
- Install Acronis Backup Management Server on a machine running Windows. It is acceptable to install the management server on one of the machines where you have upgraded the product. Run the setup program, and then click Install Acronis Backup:
- After accepting the terms of the license agreement, click Modify:
- In the components tree, select Management Server:
Follow the on-screen instructions. In most cases, you can leave the default settings.
For detailed information see Acronis Backup Advanced: Installation.
Add the upgraded machines to the management server
- On any machine where the product was upgraded, run Acronis Backup.
- Click Connect to a management server and type the server name or IP address. If prompted for credentials, specify the user name and password of a user who is a member of the Acronis Centralized Admins and Acronis Remote Users groups on the management server. In the Navigation tree, select Machines with agents:
- Click Add a machine to AMS or Add multiple machines on the toolbar:
- Add the upgraded machines.
Now you can create centralized backup plans to backup data from multiple machines: Creating a centralized backup plan.