Create a new backup plan to create backup of different type
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Advanced Server
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Advanced Server SBS
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Advanced Workstation
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Virtual Edition
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Server for Windows
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Workstation
- You set up a task to create an incremental backup to an existing archive;
- Backup creation starts, but then errors out with the following message:
Fields: $module : C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\Common\service_process.exe
Message: The selected source type is incompatible with the selected archive type. Create a new archive or select the file type archive.
This error message appears if data type for incremental backup does not match the data type in the full backup: e.g. you are trying to append an incremental file backup to a full disk/partition backup.
Make sure that you select correct data type for the incremental backup:
Backups of different data type cannot belong to the same archive.
See also Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.