The reason is that the backup was created with disabled VSS support
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Echo
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11
- You have backed up a machine running a Domain Controller in Active Directory without checking the Enable VSS support box in the Database support window of Acronis True Image;
- You have restored this backup;
- Domain Controller fails to start with the following error message:
LSASS.EXE - System Error, security accounts manager initialization failed because of the following error: Directory Services cannot start. Error status 0xc00002e1.
Please click OK to shutdown this system and reboot into directory services restore mode, check the event log for more detailed information.
Database transactions were not completed when the backup was created.
Please resolve the issue as described in Microsoft KB Article 258062.
- Windows 2000/2003 Active Directory is out of Sync After Primary Domain Controller Rollback
- Backing Up and Restoring Active Directory Server with Acronis True Image
- Using Acronis True Image to Back Up a System with VSS