- You attempt to recover a virtual machine on Citrix XenServer 7.1 or 7.2 using bootable media or via Recovery option in Cyber Protection console. Backup is located in Acronis Cloud storage.
- Recovery from Cloud Storage hangs and does not continue.
- After media hangs, network on VM is disconnected (e.g. you are unable to connect to the machine via SSH or you can see network disconnect in system information collected from Acronis bootable media)
If the database backup is stored in a managed vault, copy the necessary libraries from a machine with Microsoft Exchange Server to the storage node that manages this vault. If the database backup is stored in a centralized unmanaged vault, copy them to the management server. The version of Microsoft Exchange Server on the machine must be the same as the version of Microsoft Exchange Server, the data of which is backed up
Error "Video mode setup error: Error 0x1400006: Invalid video framebuffer parameters" occurs at computer boot time when you try one of the following:
- Boot the computer from Acronis bootable media (Linux-based)
- Use F11 feature (Acronis Startup Recovery Manager)
- Perform a recovery, disk cloning or other operation, and a computer reboot was requested
Example error messages:
Web Recovery Console is a separate console of Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud that is hosted by a dedicated set of servers on Acronis premises and allows you to access cloud archives. Using this console, you can download files from cloud archives, check storage usage, delete archives or incomplete backups.
You receive the following error when browsing recovery points for a backup:
Failed to resolve the backup. The specified file does not exist.
If you check the backup location, the first volume of the archive is missing.
E.g. a complete set of archive volumes looks like this
[Machine Name]-[Plan ID]-[Unique ID]A.tibx
[Machine Name]-[Plan ID]-[Unique ID]A-0001.tibx
[Machine Name]-[Plan ID]-[Unique ID]A-0002.tibx
- You created a backup plan with Acronis Cloud storage as a destination. You run the backup plan successfully
- When trying to restore any recovery point, the process just hangs on Loading
- When checking the PCS logs on the agent machine, you see the error message like:
The recovery of an Exchange database to original location fails with:
Error code: 254
Message: It is not allowed to overwrite database <database> during recovery.
- You recover a file from a backup using Download option, but after download the recovered file is 0 bytes in size;
- In mms log (C:\ProgramData\Acronis\BackupAndRecovery\MMS\mms.0.log), there are warnings about "Unsupported file type"
Failed to add file ''D:/File Storage/test_file.pdf' to archive.
| trace level: warning
| line: 0x491fba4e04c6751
Restoring to dissimilar hardware is not available on Mac (neither for OS X, nor for the Bootcamp partition).
Acronis Universal Restore is a free tool available for Acronis customers, which allows you to make the old system bootable on new hardware. This may be useful, for example, after replacing a failed motherboard or when deciding to migrate the system from one computer to another.
Restore to dissimilar hardware procedure overview:
32-bit UEFI devices support limitation
Product may hang under specific circumstances.
There are 2 types of hanging:
- You set up full disk backup to external USB drive and rotate 2 disks.
- Go to Backup tab and create System Disk backup to 1st USB-disk.
- Change destination for created backup to 2nd USB-disk.
- Create New full slice of System Disk backup to 2nd USB-disk.
- Change destination for created backup to 1st USB-disk.
- Create New full slice of System Disk backup (new full slice) to 1st USB-disk.
You create an agentless backup of VMware or Hyper-V virtual machine.
When you try to recover files from a virtual machine backup to original location, only custom location is available in the recovery wizard.
The P2V migration or V2P migration of the machines with LVM can be performed only if the backup was created using the agent installed inside the virtual machine (or on physical machine) and the restore operation should be performed using Acronis Bootable Media.
If a machine has LVM volumes, keep in mind the following limitations for restoring to a different platform:
Because Acronis products work with the storage system of an operating system on a very low level, there is a small risk that different conflicts on this level can lead to an operating system crash during backup or other operations. Please follow the instructions below to troubleshoot these issues, depending on what operating system is being used..
Table of trial limitations of Acronis products
Under specific circumstances, the software may crash. It is very important to report a crash instead of trying to workaround it. Normal workflow for a crash problem is the following: