The P2V migration or V2P migration of the machines with LVM can be performed only if the backup was created using the agent installed inside the virtual machine (or on physical machine) and the restore operation should be performed using Acronis Bootable Media.
If a machine has LVM volumes, keep in mind the following limitations for restoring to a different platform:
1. You recover a machine from a disk backup using Acronis Bootable Media
2. After recovery, MMS service does not start. If you try to start it manually, you get an error "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion"
Since MMS cannot be started, the machine cannot be registered, with a message similar to Connection to the backup service has been lost.
You are trying to perform recovery with Acronis bootable media. The source is iSCSI target.
You are able to connect to the iSCSI host, but unable to see anything inside and receive the following error:
iscsiadm: no records found
- You created a backup to a tape directly attached to a machine with Agent for Windows/Agent for Linux,
- You added the same tape as managed location to a Storage Node;
- Recovery or browsing archives from the tape via Storage Node fails with:
The storage node cannot access backups created in an unmanaged location
Product design limitation. Currently recovery of backups created by Agent on tape by Storage Node is not supported.
You can use one of the following workarounds:
- You created a backup plan with Acronis Cloud storage as a destination. You run the backup plan successfully
- When trying to restore any recovery point, the process just hangs on Loading
- When checking the PCS logs on the agent machine, you see the error message like:
- You attempt to recover a virtual machine on Citrix XenServer 7.1 or 7.2 using bootable media or via Recovery option in Cyber Protection console. Backup is located in Acronis Cloud storage.
- Recovery from Cloud Storage hangs and does not continue.
- After media hangs, network on VM is disconnected (e.g. you are unable to connect to the machine via SSH or you can see network disconnect in system information collected from Acronis bootable media)
If the database backup is stored in a managed vault, copy the necessary libraries from a machine with Microsoft Exchange Server to the storage node that manages this vault. If the database backup is stored in a centralized unmanaged vault, copy them to the management server. The version of Microsoft Exchange Server on the machine must be the same as the version of Microsoft Exchange Server, the data of which is backed up
Table of trial limitations of Acronis products
Error "Video mode setup error: Error 0x1400006: Invalid video framebuffer parameters" occurs at computer boot time when you try one of the following:
- Boot the computer from Acronis bootable media (Linux-based)
- Use F11 feature (Acronis Startup Recovery Manager)
- Perform a recovery, disk cloning or other operation, and a computer reboot was requested
Example error messages:
Web Recovery Console is a separate console of Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud that is hosted by a dedicated set of servers on Acronis premises and allows you to access cloud archives. Using this console, you can download files from cloud archives, check storage usage, delete archives or incomplete backups.
Under specific circumstances software may crash. It is very important to report a crash instead of trying to workaround it. Normal workflow for a crash problem is the following:
Product may hang under specific circumstances.
There are 2 types of hanging:
You create an agentless backup of VMware or Hyper-V virtual machine.
When you try to recover files from a virtual machine backup to original location, only custom location is available in the recovery wizard:
You receive the following error when browsing recovery points for a backup:
Failed to resolve the backup. The specified file does not exist.
If you check the backup location, the first volume of the archive is missing.
E.g. a complete set of archive volumes looks like this
[Machine Name]-[Plan ID]-[Unique ID]A.tibx
[Machine Name]-[Plan ID]-[Unique ID]A-0001.tibx
[Machine Name]-[Plan ID]-[Unique ID]A-0002.tibx