- When running a local agent update on Windows, the update fails with: "Fatal error during installation. The older version of this product cannot be removed because it seems to be corrupted."
- Checking the installation logs, located on the local machine in the ProgramData\Acronis\InstallationLogs folder, helps determine the cause of the update failure:
The error message in installation log above shows that the update failed due to a missing MSI file called 27f770f7.msi, located in the C:\WINDOWS\Installer\ folder.
Take the following steps to resolve the issue:
- Download the offline installation files for the product version you are currently using. To find the download links, click Devices > All devices > Add.
- Unpack the installation files.
- In the installation files, find BackupClient64.msi and rename it to match the name of the missing file. In this example, the file is renamed as 27f770f7.msi.
- Copy the renamed file to the C:\Windows\Installer\ folder.
- Run the update again.
If the issue is not resolved using the steps above, please contact Acronis Support for further assistance.