This is a known issue
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Advanced Server
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Advanced Server - SBS Edition
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Virtual Edition
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Advanced Workstation
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Server for Windows
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Workstation
- You launch Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 and start creating a backup plan;
- You click Items to back up and select Files to back up;
- You type the path to network folder in Path, e.g. \\server\share1\backups, and press the green arrow button:
- The network folder in does not appear in the windows and its contents are not shown. It is also impossible to browse for the contents of network folders in the tree on the left panel.
Issue in the product.
As a workaround, you can create backup of network share using command line utility acrocmd.
The utility is installed automatically in default installation configuration. Command-line utility is installed in C:\Program Files\Acronis\CommandLineTool
Example of a command that can be used to back up a network share:
acrocmd backup file --include=\\hostname\share --credentials=user,password --loc=C:\Backups --arc=backup_name
- \\hostname\share is a path to network share to back up;
- user,password - credentials for accessing backup location;
- C:\Backups - path to the backup archive location;
- backup_name - name of the backup file. Name is case sensitive.
For more information on using acrocmd please consult web-help: Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Command-Line Reference.
Acronis Development Team is working on fixing this issue. The issue is expected to be fixed in the next publicly available build of the product.
See also Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.