You can configure monitoring options in Acronis Drive Monitor
This article applies to:
On the Options page of Acronis Drive Monitor you can configure the following:
- Alerts - When disk problems are detected, a notification will be sent to an E-mail address you provide. Regular disk status reports, when enabled, will also be sent:
By default, not only E-mail alerts and regular disk status reports are sent, but there is also an icon in a tray, which indicates the overall system status. The corresponding checkbox Display application icon in tray if there are no alerts enables or disables the icon.
- Temperature monitoring - This is a parameter monitored by S.M.A.R.T. The temperature may be displayed in Centigrade or Fahrenheit. You can switch the temperature scale in Regional and Language Options in your operating system.
You may set a warning and/or critical disk temperature manually. By default these values are set by manufacturers to 41 C and 51 C respectively (107 F and 125 F).
- Critical events monitoring - Monitoring of Windows events that may indicate increased probability of data loss:
For information on how to configure Critical events monitoring see Acronis Drive Monitor: Critical Events Monitoring Configuration.
- Disks monitoring - Select the disk monitoring method: S.M.A.R.T. or custom:
- Backup monitoring - Enable or disable backup monitoring:
Please note that backup monitoring is supported only for Acronis backup software.