This article applies to:
To our Customers,
For those of you that were affected by this, we sincerely apologize. We understand that your security software is critical to your ability to compute with confidence. We are happy to say that the issue was addressed quickly and only a small group of users were affected by this. However, we acknowledge that an issue of this nature should never happen. While the pre-release testing is thorough, we are going to put additional safeguards in place to avoid repeats or similar issues from occurring again. We hope to regain your confidence and trust and will work diligently to that end.
The Acronis Management Team
- You have Acronis AntiVirus 2010 (which is also a part of Acronis Backup and Security 2010 and Acronis Internet Security 2010) running on a 64 bit version of Windows;
- You had Acronis AntiVirus 2010 update its database on March 21, 2010 between 15:00 GMT (11:00 am DST) and 18:25 GMT (2:25 pm DST);
- After the update, Acronis AntiVirus 2010 stopped working properly. You experienced some issues with running applications or booting Windows.
There was a faulty update for 64 bit Windows systems at around 15:00 GMT. The update was rolled back at around 18:25 GMT.
If your copy of Acronis AntiVirus 2010 updated its database on March 21, 2010 between 15:00 GMT (11:00 am DST) and 18:25 GMT (2:25 pm DST), please do the following:
- Download and save the patch:
- Proceed as described in BitDefender Knowledge Base using the above patches whenever you are instructed to download and run the patch:
(!) Acronis AntiVirus 2010 is based on BitDefender 2010.
If your copy of Acronis AntiVirus 2010 did not run an update during the mentioned period, your machine is not affected.
Feel free to contact Acronis Customer Central if the above instructions didn't help you.