Creating an MS Installer Log of Acronis True Image Home 2010 as part of Acronis Backup and Security 2010
This article applies to:
If the installation of Acronis Backup and Security 2010 fails on Acronis Internet Security Suite 2010, please see Acronis Internet Security Suite 2010: Troubleshooting Installation Issues.
If the installation of Acronis Backup and Security 2010 fails on Acronis True Image Home 2010, please proceed as described in this article.
- Start the installation package of Acronis Backup and Security 2010, right-click on Install Acronis Backup and Security and select Extract:
- Extract the AcronisBackupSecurityUnionInstaller_standard.exe to the root of your C: partition;
- Open the extracted AcronisBackupSecurityUnionInstaller_standard.exe using WinRAR (paid) or 7-Zip (free):
- Drag and drop the AcronisBackupSecurity.msi file to the root of your C: partition:
- Go to the Run prompt (Start -> Run);
- Issue the following command:
msiexec /i msi-filepath /l*v log-filepath
where msi-filepath is the full path (including the file name) to the AcronisBackupSecurity.msi file and log-filepath is the full path (also including the file name) to the log file you want to save the output to.
(!) The /i and /l*v parameters are separated with spaces from msiexec and msi-filepath.
For example, msiexec /i c:\AcronisBackupSecurity.msi /l*v c:\log.log
(!) If there are spaces in the path, please put the path in quotation marks. E.g, msiexec /i "C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\AcronisBackupSecurity.msi" /l*v c:\log.log
- Reproduce the installation issue. You can try analyzing the log to troubleshoot the issue as described in Analyzing Installation Logs of Acronis Products Based on MSI Technology;
- If you need assistance, please contact Acronis Customer Central with the log file created during the installation. Please include Windows System Information File.