Make sure you enter a 64-character serial number
This article applies to:
- You install the product. See Installation of Acronis Backup and Security 2010;
- After the installation, the product asks you for a serial number:
- You enter a 16-character serial number that you have received with the purchase (in your E-mail or in the product box). The product shows the serial number as invalid:
The serial number that you receive with the purchase of the product is the first 16 characters of the full serial number. You need to register this 16-character serial key online to get the full one.
After the 16-character serial key is registered, you will receive the full 64-character serial key that will start your online product subscription.
- Go to the Online Registration Form;
- Create an account if you do not have one, or click I already have an account and paste or type in the 16-character key:
- You will then receive the full 64-character serial number;
- Start the product and click Register:
- Enter the 64-character serial key and click Activate:
At the actual time of the purchase you are provided only with a 16-character key so that your online subscription period does not commence before you actually start using the product.
The online subscription period starts the moment you register the 16-character key and receive the full 64-character serial number.
(!) If you enter a 64-character serial number, but the product still says that it is invalid, the serial number has probably been already activated. See Acronis Internet Security Suite 2010: Checking if the Serial Number Has Been Activated.