Make sure the backup is run under administrator or that you back up without using VSS
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Virtual Edition
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Server for Windows (Standalone)
- Using Acronis Backup & Recovery 10, you create a backup task in Windows 7;
- Under Backup options, you set Volume Shadow Copy Service -> Create snapshots using VSS:
- You deploy the backup task through a centralized policy;
- The backup fails with the following error message:
Failed to read data from sector 2,048
To run a backup using VSS under Windows 7, the user account under which the Managed Machine Service is running must have administrator rights.
There are two possible solutions:
- Run the backup without using VSS: Backup options -> Volume Shadow Copy Service -> Create snapshots without using VSS;
- Run the backup under user account that is a member of Administrator group.
See also Acronis Backup & Recovery 10: Using Microsoft VSS instead of Acronis VSS.