Moving the Acronis Management Server directly is not possible, however there are a few steps that could assist you.
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5 Advanced
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11 Advanced
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced
There is no direct way to move the Acronis Management Server from one machine to another.
If you need to move Acronis Management Server to a different machine, then please proceed as described in this article.
- Export the list of registered machine from the Acronis Management Server:
- On the machine with the Acronis Management Server, download and unpack export_machines.zip;
- Run the extracted export_machines_from_AMS.bat batch file;
The list with the exported machines will appear in the same folder from where you have run the batch file. The name of the list will be machine_list.txt and it will contain a list of your machines.
- Export centralized backup plans.
- On the new machine, install the Acronis Management Server from the Acronis Backup & Recovery Advanced installation package;
- Import the list of the machines to the new Acronis Management Server:
- Start Acronis Management Console and connect to the new Acronis Management Server;
- Click Machines with agents -> Import machines from file:
- Specify the list with the machines and provide the administrator credentials:
(!) After an Acronis Agent is added to another Acronis Management Server, centralized backup plans (or group policies in Acronis Backup & Recovery 10) are removed from this Agent.
(!) If you need to enter multiple credential sets to add the machines, then this method will not work. You will have to split the machines up into groups of computers that accept the same credentials.
- Import centralized backup plans:
In Acronis Backup & Recovery 10, recreate and redeploy your backup policies.
6. Recreate your vaults. See Acronis Backup & Recovery Advanced: Moving Vaults on Acronis Management Server;
Disaster recovery migration:
If you restore an image of a system with Acronis Management Server on a different machine, make sure that the new machine has the same computer name. This assures that Agents keep the necessary information about group policies.