This has been fixed
This article applies to:
- You set Pre/post commands or Pre/post data capture commands in the backup options of Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 with the Fail the backup task if... and Do not backup until... options unchecked:
- Clicking Test command executes the command successfully;
- You run the backup task;
- The commands are reported to be executed successfully in the Operation log. The commands, however, are not executed. There are no error messages.
This has been fixed and the fix is available in the latest released build of Acronis Backup & Recovery 10. See Installation of the latest update of an Acronis product.
Check the Fail the backup task if... and Do not back up until... options:
(!) If you are not using a batch file, but put commands directly into the Command field, make sure you put them in quotes.
If the commands still fail with the mentioned options checked, please do the following:
- Create a simple batch file. For example, with the following contents:
ping google.com > c:\googlepingBeforecommand.txt
- Run the backup task and see if there the googlepingBeforecommand.txt file created in the root of C:\
- Contact Acronis Support with the results and a reference to this article.