Remote validation of a backup in a deduplicating vault as part of recovery is not supported
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Small Business Server Edition
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Virtual Edition
- You have a backup in a deduplicating managed vault on Machine 1;
- You attempt to recover the backup on Machine 2. In the recovery options you set Validate backups before recovery:
- The recovery operation stops right after the start (on the validation step):
- After you click OK, the recovery operation fails.
The product cannot run validation as part of a recovery operation if the backup is in a remote deduplicating managed vault.
As a workaround, run the validation task separately from the recovery.
Acronis Development Team is working on addressing this issue.