Make sure there is no other security software and reinstall the product
This article applies to:
An attempt to install Acronis Internet Security Suite 2010 fails with the following error message:
Insufficient privileges to modify the following file...
The possible causes are:
- Previously corrupted installation of the product or incorrect removal of an earlier installed Acronis product;
- Failed software update;
- Another application is blocking the files and folders where Acronis installation is trying to write the files;
- Other security solution is blocking the setup process.
- Reboot the machine into Safe Mode (hit F8 on the machine startup and Safe Mode from Windows boot menu) and log in as administrator;
- Run the uninstallation tool:
Windows 32 bit: \Program Files\Acronis Backup and Security\Acronis Backup and Security 2010\AcronisUninstallTool.exe
Windows 64 bit: \Program Files (x86)\Acronis Backup and Security\Acronis Backup and Security 2010\AcronisUninstallTool.exe
If the solution does not help, try removing other security software that you may have and reattempt the installation.