How to create Acronis Bootable Media with a backup archive on it (all-in-one)
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2010
(!) For Acronis True Image Home 2011 see Acronis True Image Home 2011: Creating Acronis Bootable Media with a Backup File.
Using Acronis True Image Home 2010, you can create Acronis Bootable Media that has a backup of your system on it (all-in-one).
- Start Acronis True Image Home 2010 and select Backup -> Disk and Partition Backup:
- Select a partition or the whole disk to back up:
- As a backup location, select the removable media (CD/DVD/Flash):
- Click Backup options -> Removable media settings -> Place Acronis True Image Home (Full version) on media:
You can also place Acronis One-Click Restore on the media. With this option, when you boot from the media and click Recover, all data will be recovered to its original place automatically. No options or selections such as resizing partitions will be available.
- Click Proceed.
(!) Bootable media with a backup file can only be created when using Acronis True Image Home 2010 in Windows. It is impossible to create such media in bootable environment. See Standalone Version of Acronis Software.
If the size of the backup does not fit one piece of media (e.g. CD), the file will be split into several volumes. In this case, the bootable piece will be the first one.