Run a backup task without starting the product
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Server for Windows (Standalone)
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Small Business Server Edition
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Workstation (Standalone)
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Virtual Edition
For Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5 see Acronis Cyber Backup 12.5: How to run backup task using batch file
You can trigger backup creation by executing a small batch file.
- Create a batch file with the following contents:
eventcreate /T Information /ID 1 /L Application /D Backup-Start /SO AcronisScript
- Start Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 and set there what and where you would like to back up;
- Under How to back up set Backup scheme -> Custom:
- Click Change next to the backup type (Full, Incremental or Differential):
- Select At Windows event log event and set the following parameters:
- Log name: Application
- Event source: AcronisScript
- Event type: Information
- Event ID: 1
- Click OK and set other options if necessary.
For example, you can also make the machine automatically shut down or log off after the backup. See Acronis Backup & Recovery 10: Automatic System Shutdown or Logoff after Backup or Recovery.
- Click OK to create the backup plan.
- Now, clicking the batch file will start the backup:
This way of running the backup does not support E-mail notifications and the dashboard.