Add the failing application to the list of antivirus exclusions to fix the issue
This article applies to:
After installing Acronis Internet Security Suite 2010 or Acronis Backup and Security 2010, some application fails to launch or starts crashing. As soon as you remove the Acronis software, these symptoms are gone.
The application is blocked by the antivirus component (see Acronis Internet Security Suite 2010: Antivirus) or its drivers are in conflict with the installed Acronis software.
- Add the failing software modules to the antivirus exclusions:
- Start Acronis Internet Security Suite 2010 and switch to the Expert mode (see Acronis Internet Security Suite 2010: Novice, Intermediate, and Expert Modes);
- Go to the Antivirus -> Exclusions tab;
- Make sure exclusions are enabled and press the "+" button to add the failing software modules to the exclusions:
- If there is still some application conflict after adding exclusions, please contact Acronis Customer Central with a reference to this article and the below information for further investigation:
Make sure no other security-related software is installed to avoid application and drivers conflict. Having more than one security-related software on the same machine could lead to application crashes, system performance slowdowns and even system crashes.