A script to delete vaults from Acronis Management Server if the attempt fails through GUI
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Small Business Server Edition
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Workstation
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 Advanced Server - Virtual Edition
Sometimes a centralized vault can not be deleted from Acronis Management Server due to database corruption or some other reasons. To overcome such difficulties, you can use a special script created by Acronis Development Team.
- Download the Delete Locations (32 and 64 bit) script and unpack the files to C:\ root of the machine where the Acronis Management Server is installed;
- On the same machine, stop the Acronis services before running the script:
- Hit Start-Run and type in services.msc;
- On the Services window, right-click on each of the following services and click Stop:
- Acronis Management Server Service
- Acronis Storage Node Service
- On the same machine, delete the vault using the script:
- Hit Start-Run and type in cmd;
- Browse to the root of C:\ where the script is:
- Issue the following command:
where [location-name] is the name of the centralized vault to delete.
If a vault with specified name exists, it will be deleted from AMS databases and corresponding instructions will be output. If several vaults with specified name exist, the first one will be taken;
- Start the Acronis Storage Node and Acronis Management Server services (Services -> right-click -> Start) to propagate the removal of the vault to the Acronis Agents;
- If for any reason the vault does not disappear from the Centralized Vaults view on the Acronis Agent computers, launch the delete_location_by_id.bat command that the script outputs in the end of execution on all the Acronis Agents registered in Acronis Management Server:
You can also check the README file in the package for details.